Monday 16 September 2013

Teen dresser Makeover!

 Heyo! 

Hope everyone had an excellent weekend! We celebrated our 2nd anniversary (actually on Sept.17th) in Whistler, BC this weekend and it was an amazing time. More about that and our anniversary tomorrow on the blog. :)

Well, this dresser makeover was a lot of fun!
A couple weeks back I took on refinishing this dresser for a sweet family. The dresser was being refinished for a teen's bedroom and they had an idea of what they wanted, so I got to work right away!

This is the dresser beforehand.



















Lucky for me they had already sanded most of it but I checked it over to make sure there weren't any rough patches. Then I got out my handy paint brush, roller, tray and primer and got right down to business.


























Ahhh! Looks so much better already!





Originally the dresser had handles with two screws each, but they wanted to add crystal handles that only have one so I filled the holes with wood filler and made new holes with my drill.



























The picture above is between coats 2 and 3 of the off white colour called Lookout from General Paints. 
After one coat of primer, 3 coats of paint, 1 coat of varathane and 7 crystal handles added, this is the final look of the dresser. Gorgeous!







































Thanks for checking out my Teen dresser makeover! Tomorrow I will be back with a more personal blog about Steve and I's 2nd Anniversary with a few throwbacks from our big day a couple years ago.

Happy Monday!

Love, B

No comments:

Post a Comment